Saturday, August 4

Promised

i promised i'd never give up on you, 
because i loved you.
i promised to always help you,
because i believed in you.
i promised to never leave you, 
because i'd never hurt you
i promised to be with you,
because i needed you.
i promised to stand beside you,
because i couldn't live without you.
i promised all i could give you,
because it's anything for you.
i promised to forever love you,
because there's only pain and misery without you.
despite promises we know in our hearts and can feel in our souls,
it's killing me inside,seeing this might be as far as we go.
the road has been long and hard, together still is where we belong.
i'm the one standing beside you until all problems are gone.
everyone says it'll never work we are crazy, 
but they are just jealous of you baby.
when they finally see i've given you my heart and soul,
everyone will want the love we share and never let go.
soon i'll hold you close and whisper in your ear,
"hi baby" melting your heart and shedding a tear.
i promised to give you that one of these days,
so why are you turning and just walking away.
a chance...one chance is all i've ever asked you for,
but still no promise i gave can keep you from walking out the door.
i won't promise you every thing because that i can't keep,
until the day i die these promises here i will keep.
our love is strong, strong like a great rock,
but it's so fragile that it's already crumbling apart.
these words i give you straight from the heart,
a heart that's been broken and falling a part.
when all that's left here is a broken heart and me,
with or without you these promises i will still keep.
my lady, my goddess, my love, my everything,
please don't leave me...i'll promise you anything.



Today


today i awoke before sunrise thinking of you. always thinking of you. the overwhelming feeling of loneliness making me doubt the reality of your being. rejection has left me broken with tears streaming down my face. falling from my chin onto my chest where your head was supposed to lay. this manic bout of depression makes me fear the very existence of my life without you in it. abandonment issues leaving me with paranoid thoughts of you losing the strength to fight for love. if given the chance, i would die for your happiness. be beaten  and left bloody for one more chance to hear your voice saying you love me, you miss  me, you need me. our hearts were destined to meet. our passion making them melt to form the love our souls to continuously seeks. growing old with  you is my life's calling that keeps me connected to feeling your hearts sadness and sorrow.  believe in our love for it will light your way through the darkest of times and guide our star crossed souls back once again to each other. in this life or the next. i crave the anticipation of knowing the thought of me still makes your heart flutter from the butterflies in your stomach giving hope to my thoughts of hopelessness of ever feeling your embrace.


Night and Day



i miss those nights we'd stay up talking for hours.
i miss hearing the feelings we had was no one else's but ours.
i miss you texting saying you're thinking about me.
i miss hearing you say you'd never leave. 
i miss asking you how was your day?
knowing you so well, i knew you'd say it was tiring today.
i miss those nights talk like that would cost more than a dime. 
you remember those nights, our happy fun time.
what i miss most , is right before we turned out the lights,
we'd say sweet dreams i love you baby good night.
it's been a week without you and i really shouldn't care.
i still miss everything about you even that feeling in the air.
even though the way you left was very, very wrong,
can't get you out of my head. i still dream about you all night long.
i'm mad as hell, thinking about wanting nothing but my revenge.
i picture your face, hear your voice and it calms me down again.
i will never see you, touch you, hold you in my arms.
or lay beside you watching you sleep all night long.
my heart is heavy and at night the pain is real and oh so deep.
all i can do is go to bed and think of you before i fall to sleep.
waking the next day i hope it was only a dream 
i realize i'm without you, damn, you were my everything.
i sit here knowing i can't do anything i must walk away.
i hope you remember me cause i'm still missing you night and day.